To foster collaborative, innovative projects in basic and translational cancer biology, leveraging genomics, bioinformatics and high throughput approaches.
We will follow the format of a laboratory meeting, with rotating presenting labs, emphasizing ongoing research projects and challenges in the participating laboratories. This is not meant to be a journal club or a seminar but a multi-lab meeting where current research and challenges are discussed. When a lab presents there might be a brief introduction by the PI followed by one or two presentations by lab members.
The meeting is open to all members of the cancer center, and is meant for PIs as well as trainees and research staff. In particular, we encourage smaller or isolated teams to come and find collaborators there.
The participants will be expected to discuss their results, vision, approaches and ideas openly. If you could only have one deep scientific discussion in the week, we would love if you were having it with us, at this new venue. All presentations and discussions will be confidential and should not be discussed elsewhere without authorization from the presenters. This will be made clear at the beginning of each meeting.
- Time: 2nd and 4th Wednesday 12PM
- Location: Alternating between Moores Cancer Center (Comer Commons) and School of Medicine (Leichtag 107)
- Transportation. From SoM Gilman & Myers, use shuttles H (go off at Medical Center) or M (go off at P703 and walk 5min). From SoM student center: use shuttle P (go off at Moores Cancer Center). From MCC to SoM, use shuttle H leaving at 9.20am or earlier from the Medical Center.
- Schedule and presenters: The scheduled rotation will be updated at the beginning of each quarter
- Food: Lunch will be served.
- Communication: To receive annoucements, please sign up to our diffusion list
Contact Dr. Harismendy
For collaboration and job inquiries please email Dr. Harismendy. You can also follow Dr. Harismendy on twitter at @00livier.
Location and Directions
The Oncogenomics Laboratory is located at the Moores Cancer Center at the University of California, San Diego, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, located on the UC San Diego campus in La Jolla, California. The quickest way to get here from the main campus is to take the MTS 202 “SuperLoop” bus, UCSD Hillcrest/Campus shuttle or the UCSD Sanford shuttle.
Parking: The ATHENA parking structure is located across the street from the cancer center – Visitor and Staff parking (A/B) available
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
3rd floor, room 3345-3A
3855 Health Sciences Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093