Introduction to Clinical Research – Summer Course: Bernice Ruo, MD, MAS, FACP
The UCSD Clinical and Translational Research Institute’s CREST program is offering a SUMMER ONLY Course: “Introduction to Clinical Research”. This course will be held once a week on Wednesday afternoons from 3-5pm at UCSD Extension: University City Center (UCC) starting July 10 to August 21, 2019.
The course will be offered as a non-credit course. Tuition for UCSD Residents, Fellows, Faculty and Medical Students will be covered by CTRI-CREST.
- Acquire skills for designing and interpreting clinical research
- Produce a 5 page clinical research protocol, including background, sampling, measurements, and data analysis
- Possession of at least an undergraduate degree
- An idea for a research question in clinical research that preferably has been discussed with an experienced investigator or research mentor.
- Proficiency with word processing software, biomedical literature searching with Pubmed, and reference management software (Endnote, RefWorks or other software).
- Application Deadline:
The application deadline – June 14th , 2019
- Fee Schedule:
UCSD Residents, Post Doctorial Fellow, Fellow (including laboratory-based fellows) and Faculty, pays $0 + textbook.
Non-UCSD Employee pays $500 + text book.