What is OPTIMUS?
The Outreach Program To Inspire Minority and Underrepresented Students (OPTIMUS) is an educational 6 week cancer research internship at UC San Diego’s Moores Cancer Center. Our mission is to increase diversity in the clinical and biomedical research workforce.
Applications for Summer 2019 are due March 22.
The OPTIMUS Curriculum is has four main components: Research, Clinical Experience, Active Learning, and Outreach.
These four fun and exciting components give students an early opportunity to: explore different career paths in oncology and the greater medical field, interact with other students interested in medical science, and learn real-world skills to bring to college and future professions.
Timeline and Logistics
- OPTIMUS will take place Monday through Friday, across six weeks during the summer.
- Daily transportation to and from students’ schools to UC San Diego will be provided.
- Students will be awarded a stipend for participation.
Visit the program website for more details.
- : 07/08/2019
- : 08/16/2019
- : https://medschool.ucsd.edu/research/moores/research/Pages/OPTIMUS.aspx
- : Alexa Azuara, B.S.
- : Administrative and Finance Officer
- : OPTIMUS@ucsd.edu