The Summer Research Program equips students with the skills to become research scholars, encourage students’ pursuit of graduate study, and increase graduate school enrollment among underrepresented, low-income, and first-generation college students.
How to Apply
Summer Research Program participants are selected from the following programs:
- UC Scholars
- Genentech Summer Program
- American Heart Association (AHA) Fellowship
- Electrical and Computer Engineering SRIP
- Undergraduate Research Scholars
Students are expected to fulfill all the requirements and expectations of the Summer Research Program umbrella, as well as their specific program requirements. Each program participant will:
- Conduct a research project under a faculty mentor whose interest complement the student’s own interests,
- Complete are research proposal and paper,
- Present their paper at the UC San Diego Summer Research Conference, and
- Participate in all program meetings, seminars, and activities
Note: Program activities are substantial and require full-time commitment from each student. As a result, students cannot work, take classes, participate in any other summer research program, or go on vacation while in the program.
Participants will receive a stipend via direct deposit at the start of the program; the amount of the stipend varies depending on the program in which they are enrolled. Please check with your program coordinator for additional information.
Participants are required to set up a direct deposit account to recveive their stipend. For guidelines on how to do this, please follow the instructions for setting up direct deposit.
- Academic Integrity – Four Ways to Tell Right From Wrong (PDF)
- Academic Integrity – Undergraduate Essentials (PDF)
- Safety – Personal Safety resources
- Safety – Personal Safety tips
UC San Diego’s Summer Research Program is supported by
- Genentech Foundation grant
- The Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program grant
- The UC Office of the President
- UC San Diego Student Affairs
- AHA Undergraduate Student Research Fellowships
Phone: (858) 534-8254